- Reside in targeted area
- Ages 14-16
- Submit completed application by posted deadline
- Have a successful face-to-face interview
- Attend and actively participate in all Saturday sessions and August Orientation Week.
- Attendance is required at 100% of all sessions and field instruction.
- Commitment of 12 hours per month
- Every effort will be made to avoid conflicts with other school functions.
- Excused absences from the program may be allowed under certain pre-arranged circumstances.
- Participation in group community service learning projects.
- Participation in the personal application interviews (summer) and the MS Youth Corps Orientation (summer) are mandatory.